FOLIO Project Update – Week of April 20, 2020
Project Updates / 27 Apr 2020
Z39.50 discussion and system operations updates in this week’s project report.
Sebastian and Charlotte presented a rundown of Z39.50 needs for integration with FOLIO to the FOLIO Implementation Group. The relevant features can be found at https://issues.folio.org/projects/ZF and there is a Slack channel for it – #z39-50.
The Resource Management SIG met to discuss the use of shared allocations and how the new expense type could be implemented. There was broad consensus about having the expense type be available to assist in reporting, but continuing to rely on the fund for allocation. The ERM subgroup discussed how best to display information at the Agreement Line level.
The Metadata Management SIG had a demo of quickMARC from Stephanie Buck.
The Sys Ops & Mgt SIG discussed several issues around Q1-2020 installation and beyond.
- Issue of java8 reaching end-of-live was mentioned. There are Jira tickets for this.
- Postgres 10 is supported now. Work to do to support PG 12.
- Upgrade mechanism in Q1. There are Jira issues for this.
- Hot fix focused on upgrades and data migration issues
- Creating service accounts and accompanying permissions for edge or ncip modules needs to be documented in the installation documentation. Jason posted a prescription and created a Jira ticket.
- Question of co-location of different releases in the same database is important for hosting environments (providers)
The next FOLIO Forum from the Forum Facilitators SIG is the Fameflower Roadmap Update and Course Reserves Demonstrations, which is scheduled for April 29, 2020. This Forum will use YouTube as the delivery mechanism, and no registration is required. See https://discuss.folio.org/t/2829 for details.