FOLIO Launches Morning Glory Release
~ Latest FOLIO Platform Update Includes Additional Functionality Improvements ~
PHILADELPHIA — October 5, 2022 — The FOLIO Open Source Community has issued its thirteenth named release as the platform continues to add features and functionality to the library services platform (LSP). The Morning Glory Release contains updates to existing apps and features including data import, data export, acquisitions and more.
The Morning Glory Release offers platform enhancements that provide librarians with a better user experience in the FOLIO platform. Platform improvements include:
- Acquisitions enhancements: Export functionality improvements include fund details via CSV, MARC authority records, receiving app data via CSV and invoice data in delimited format
- UX improvements for licenses and agreements and improved searching
- Cataloging: Inventory search facets for holdings type and instance status, and contributor browsing
- Data import: UX improvements for managing completed jobs including ability to filter to errors and delete jobs. Expanded instance/holdings/items fields to import, expanded field matching capabilities and improved field data protections
- Circulation: Title level requests
- Bulk-edit capabilities: Ability to bulk edit user records, item locations and statuses
Kristin Martin, Director of Technical Services from the University of Chicago and co-chair of the FOLIO Product Council, says the Morning Glory Release demonstrates FOLIO’s commitment to library innovation. “This release shows our continued dedication to improving the user experience for libraries adopting the open-source platform. The features included in our platform releases are developed by librarians for librarians, many of which are not available with traditional ILS vendors and are designed to improve staff workflows.”
Institutions have taken a variety of pathways when moving to FOLIO, between full implementation to starting with ERM (electronic resource management) functionality before replacing an existing ILS, or by leveraging FOLIO apps such as circulation and inventory.
As libraries continue to implement the FOLIO LSP, FOLIO developers ensure that components can be readily developed or replaced in new releases as technologies and requirements evolve. The next release will be Nolana, which is expected in December 2022. Information about the FOLIO Community and the upcoming releases can be found at https://wiki.folio.org. Details on the full list of improvements in the Morning Glory Release can be found at the FOLIO Wiki.
FOLIO is a collaborative effort among libraries, vendors, developers and consortia that leverages open source technology and a community-based effort to redefine library services and innovate based on library futures. By building on what libraries need and by leveraging library expertise as well as vendor capacity and velocity, FOLIO is designed to move libraries forward, build on the services they provide and redefine the role libraries play within their institution. FOLIO also levels the playing field and makes open source technology available to all institutions regardless of size or staffing. FOLIO brings vendors together to innovate and host services for customers and introduces open source as a service to libraries. To sign up to participate or receive more information go to www.folio.org.
For more information, please contact:
Media Relations, FOLIO